Welcome in the course of History of Mathematics and Informatics 2021 – 2022:
Our course started on Tuesday October 5th 2021 at 11 o’clock.
You could think about a title of your seminary essay and send me by e-mail the suggestion of it. When I accept the title of your future essay you could start to work.
The list of accepted titles of seminary essays 2021-2022
 Hidalgo, Ernesto, Iván Ochoa: The History of the Rubik’s Cube and Its Number of Combinations.
 Graham, Richard: John Harrison (1693 – 1776), the Inventor of the 1st usable marine chronometer … and related inventions
 Ustynov, Artem: Turing Machine and its Significance.
 Martinez Chaverri: Daniel Alexandro: Mathematics Nature of Musical Scales
 Novruzov, Mammadgulu: The Important Personage of Nasir al-Din al-Tusi in the History of Mathematics”?
 Oliveiro Ribeiro, Bruna Sofia:
 Gonςalves de Sá, Sara Raquel. The Development of the Computers during 19th. Century.
Instruction for seminary essays:
1. Title of your seminary essay please, suggest by mail as soon as possible!
2. Seminary essay will have minimal lenght about 5 pages.
3. Please add the used sources!
4. Then you send me by mail (the deadline is about one week before exam) and I will answer, if is it O.K. or not.
5. For exam you prepare presentation of your essay for about a quarter of hour.
Exams: 1- test (40 points), 2- presentation of seminary essay (60 points).
Preliminary programme for the year 2021 – 2022:
- lecture – October, 5: Ancient Mathematics and Technology
- lecture – October, 12: Hellenistic Mathematics Helen_TAM_17
- lecture – October, 19: History of wheels. Wheels19
Astronomical Clock HKclock
- lecture – October, 26: Leonardo da Vinci and his inventions
Computer for Johannes Kepler? William Schickardt: Calculating Clock Comput2_17
- lecture – November 2: Priority of the Development of Calculators.
Development of Symbolic Algebra
- lecture – November, 9: Origins of the Calculus of Variations:
From Archimedes‘ Results to Gauss Origins17
- lecture – November, 16: Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz and his calculator
Hexagonal Snowflakes and Johannes Kepler
Joseph Stepling and New Science in the 18th Century Stepling_D_17
Nicola Tesla, Albert Einstein in Prague
lecture – November, 23: A Brief History of Linear Algebra
- November 24: Excercises: First steps in the development of computers in Czechoslovakia and Other Countries …. SZlecture20
- lecture – November 30: History of Indian mathematics: Srínivasa Ramanujan and IT Day Ramanujan20
- lecture December, 7:
History of CTU
- lecture – December 14
. From Kepler Mosaic to the Question: Is there a crystal lattice possessing five-fold symmetry? rtx120100022p
6. EX: Exercises: History of Doppler effect.