Welcome in the course of History of Mathematics and Informatics 2023 – 2024:
Our course started on Wednesday September 27th 2023 at 14:30 o’clock in the room TH1247.
You could think about a title of your seminary essay and send me by e-mail the suggestion of it. When I accept the title of your future essay you could start to work.
The list of accepted titles of seminary essays 2023-2024
1. Title of your seminary essay please, suggest by mail as soon as possible!
2. Seminary essay will have minimal lenght about 5 pages.
3. Please add the used sources!
4. Then you send me by mail (the deadline is about one week before exam) and I will answer, if is it O.K. or not.
5. For exam you prepare presentation of your essay for about a quarter of hour.
Exams: 1- test (40 points), 2- presentation of seminary essay (60 points).
Preliminary programme for the year 2023 – 2024:
- lecture – September, 27: Introduction
Origins of Calculus of Variations
From Archimedes‘ Results to Gauss Origins17
- lecture – October, 4:
Ancient Mathematics and Technolog AncGr17
Hellenistic Mathematics Helen_TAM_17 Excercise 1: October 5
- lecture – October, 11:
History of wheels Wheels19
Astronomical Clock HKclock
- lecture – October, 18: History of CTU HistCTU2022 Excercise 2: October 19
- lecture – October, 25: Leonardo da Vinci and his invention
Computer for Johannes Kepler? William Schickardt: Calculating Clock Comput2_17
- lecture – November 1: Priority of the Development of Calculators
Excercise 3: November 2
- lecture – November, 8: Development of Symbolic Algebra
- lecture – November, 15: Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz and his calculator
Joseph Stepling and New Science in the 18th Century Stepling_D_17Excercise 4: November 16
- lecture – November 22:
A Brief History of Linear Algebra
First steps in the development of computers in Czechoslovakia and Other Countries …. SZlecture20
Albert Einstein in Prague
- lecture – November 29:
Milestones in the Development of Fuzzy Logic
History of Indian mathematics: Srínivasa Ramanujan and IT Day Ramanujan20 Excercise 5: November 30
- lecture December, 6:
Hexagonal Snowflakes and Johannes Kepler
From Kepler Mosaic to the Question: Is there a crystal lattice possessing five-fold symmetry? rtx120100022p
- lecture – December 13:
Formulario Mathematico and Giuseppe Peano
History of Doppler effect.
Excercise 6: December 14
The list of accepted titles of seminary essays 2021-2022 for your inspiration
 Hidalgo, Ernesto, Iván Ochoa: The History of the Rubik’s Cube and Its Number of Combinations.
 Graham, Richard: John Harrison (1693 – 1776), the Inventor of the 1st usable marine chronometer … and related inventions
 Ustynov, Artem: Turing Machine and its Significance.
 Martinez Chaverri: Daniel Alexandro: Mathematics Nature of Musical Scales
 Novruzov, Mammadgulu: The Important Personage of Nasir al-Din al-Tusi in the History of Mathematics”? Oliveiro Ribeiro, Bruna Sofia:
 Gonςalves de Sá, Sara Raquel. The Development of the Computers during 19th. Century.