Welcome in the course of History of Mathematics and Informatics 2020 – 2021:
During first weeks of this semester our course will be with help MS Teams.
The list of accepted titles of seminary essays 2020-2021
 Sedláček, Jan: Egyptians and Fractions.
 Mamiyev, Azad: Islamic Mathematics.
 Graham, Richard: John Harisson (1693 – 1776).
 Seidagul Rasul: Babylonian Mathematics.
 Veron, Hugo: The Evolution of the Utilisation of Mathematics.
Instruction for seminary essays:
1. Title of your seminary essay please, suggest by mail as soon as possible!
2. Seminary essay will have minimal lenght about 5 pages.
3. Please add the used sources!
4. Then you send me by mail (the deadline is about one week before exam) and I will answer, if is it O.K. or not.
5. For exam you prepare presentation of your essay for about a quarter of hour.
Exams: 1- test (40 points), 2- presentation of seminary essay (60 points).
- Preliminary programme:
- lecture – September, 23: Ancient Mathematics and Technology
- lecture – September, 30: Hellenistic Mathematics Helen_TAM_17
- lecture – October, 7: History of wheels. Wheels19
Astronomical Clock HKclock
- lecture – October, 14: Leonardo da Vinci and his inventions
Computer for Johannes Kepler? William Schickardt: Calculating Clock Comput2_17
- lecture – October 21: Priority of the Development of Calculators.
Development of Symbolic Algebra
- lecture – November, 4: Origins of the Calculus of Variations:
From Archimedes‘ Results to Gauss Origins17
- lecture – November, 11: Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz and his calculator
Hexagonal Snowflakes and Johannes Kepler
Joseph Stepling and New Science in the 18th Century Stepling_D_17
Nicola Tesla, Albert Einstein in Prague
- lecture – November, 18: A Brief History of Linear Algebra
November 24: Excercises: First steps in the development of computers in Czechoslovakia and Other Countries …. SZlecture20
- lecture – November 25: History of Indian mathematics: Srínivasa Ramanujan and IT Day Ramanujan20
- lecture – December 2: History of CTU
- lecture – December 9 canc. Exercises: History of Doppler effect.
From Kepler Mosaic to the Question: Is there a crystal lattice possessing five-fold symmetry? rtx120100022p
- lecture – December16:
Examples of accepted titles of seminary essays 2019-20:
- Manasa Woolla: Indian Mathematics.
- Richard Graham: John Harisson (1693 – 1776).
- Vigneshwar Manoharan: Mathematics for Computer Science.
- Ivana Nacevska:
- Rahul Prafullbhai Parmar: Aryabhata